Oops, I missed 13 Months. Blink, it's gone. I am thinking child #2 will have every other month posts from now on as I can't seem to keep up with every month. The good news is, months 13 and 14 have been the best yet. Thanks to some accupuncture/accupressure testing and treatment, we have discovered (what we think is) all of Zoe's allergies and are treating for them. We treated for wheat a few weeks ago and she is a completely different child now. She is sleeping 12 hours a night and napping 2-3 hours a day. She is happy, smiling and constantly making us laugh.
Of course you always compare your kids and--while ours are very similar in many ways---the differences I see are that Zach was a typical boy at this age and was happy playing with trains and cars and generally stayed out of things and didn't get in trouble. If he did open something he was relatively loud and you knew what he was doing before he did it. He did NOT train us to handle Zoe. Zoe , on the other hand, is our "quiet Ninja"....when she does not want to be found, she will sneak off into the bathroom, dog dish, or up the stairs without making a peep. She will find a crayon or paintbrush and write on the walls. Today I found her proudly bringing in the dog poop from the backyard for me to see. I would hate to see an Xray of her stomach because I am certain I would see the shape of some sort of toy or kitchen object inside.
Zoe is also much more verbal than Zach was at this age, and tries to say almost every word I ask her to. He favorite words are "banana" and "hula"---both of which can be said by moving her tongue side to side in her mouth to make the "L" sound, which I find adorable. She can also clearly say the "Z" sound and loves to look at pictures of her brother and say "Zach" and "Bra" (Brother) and touch his face. (I think Zach called himself "Ach" for at least two years :) ). When she can't say the exact word, she simply has a baby babble conversation which she expects me to completely understand.
She is still a great eater and - like I said- is constantly putting something in her mouth, so I try to keep plenty of food around to reduce the chances of toys being used as food items. She also loves playing in her play kitchen with her brother....every so often finding cardboard play food to digest, but usually just putting things in and out of the microwave and fridge.
I remember getting to this age with Zach and wishing he would slow down because I was savoring every minute, and I feel the same with her. It's even harder because she only gets half my attention. But watching her and Zach play together is priceless. She absolutely adores her brother and looks for him from the minute she wakes up. She is definitely one who is watching everything we do and say.
No comments:
Post a Comment