It was a strange feeling waking up this morning....knowing it was not just an election day, but the first Presidential Election in Zach's Life. There is a different feeling of importance and meaning knowing that the next president is laying the groundwork for our Son's future. We took a family trip to the polls this morning. Zach loved looking at the fire trucks (our polling place was the neighborhood FireHouse).
As a business owner, Christian, and conservative, I have to say that I am very disappointed with the outcome. This news article tonight summed up my feelings well.....
One supporter muttered, "I'm feeling like doom is coming."
In closing, Kyl cited a Bible passage that seemed as appropriate an ending to McCain's campaign as any.
2 Timothy 4:7:
"I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course. I have kept the faith."
Before McCain took the stage, Nathaniel Eyler, 29, of Phoenix, mouthed the words as the song "God Bless the USA" played.
"Scared," he said in response to how he felt about the outcome, calling Obama a "socialist."
"I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I'm scared. Just the idea of Barack Obama as president of the United States scares me. It does not embody the idealism I grew up with and am passionate about. We're Americans. We're resilient. We'll bounce back. Our government's idiot-proof. There's nothing he can do that we can't fix in the end."
Still, he said, "We're going to be taking steps backwards."
I only warn to everyone who voted today....with a Democratic President, Senate and House, there is no one else to blame if this country falls to pieces in the next four years. And if in four years or eight years we revert, then the truth will come out. And if we don't revert, then we are all in for bigger trouble than we can even imagine, and we may never see good times again.
Zach is certainly not growing up as a Regan Baby.
As a business owner, Christian, and conservative, I have to say that I am very disappointed with the outcome. This news article tonight summed up my feelings well.....
One supporter muttered, "I'm feeling like doom is coming."
In closing, Kyl cited a Bible passage that seemed as appropriate an ending to McCain's campaign as any.
2 Timothy 4:7:
"I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course. I have kept the faith."
Before McCain took the stage, Nathaniel Eyler, 29, of Phoenix, mouthed the words as the song "God Bless the USA" played.
"Scared," he said in response to how he felt about the outcome, calling Obama a "socialist."
"I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I'm scared. Just the idea of Barack Obama as president of the United States scares me. It does not embody the idealism I grew up with and am passionate about. We're Americans. We're resilient. We'll bounce back. Our government's idiot-proof. There's nothing he can do that we can't fix in the end."
Still, he said, "We're going to be taking steps backwards."
I only warn to everyone who voted today....with a Democratic President, Senate and House, there is no one else to blame if this country falls to pieces in the next four years. And if in four years or eight years we revert, then the truth will come out. And if we don't revert, then we are all in for bigger trouble than we can even imagine, and we may never see good times again.
Zach is certainly not growing up as a Regan Baby.
(This is a recycled picture and no, I don't ever wish my kid to be president....but I am sure he would make a cute, and smart, one :))
1 comment:
Great post, thank you. I too am disappointed and scared.
Post a Comment